Winter Wonderland


We interrupt holiday shopping...with snow in Seattle.


I'm originally from the Midwest and there, snow is a regular winter event. Here in Seattle, snow is a different thing entirely. Because it's a rare occurance, the city is ill equipped to handle its impact. The terrain is also riddled with hills, adding another challenge to slipping and sliding in the white stuff.

Early Saturday afternoon, I was perched on a hilltop, looking out over the valley. Within minutes, the storm enveloped everything in sight...



Kiss kiss...

I'm out of here!



Making tracks on my way home, ensnarled holiday shopping traffic, I passed the time...capturing a few snaps.
















Approching my neighborhood, I passed a golf course. There, out in the flurry of flakes, a lone golfer was playing through. (I heard golf was an obsession....)







Passing along the water, I stopped for a few more shots...








Ahhh...back at home...

with a roaring fire and a delicious cup of Fiori drinking chocolate...

it's beginning to feel like Christmas!