Introducing: Books That Paved the Way

My journey through food has been inspired…and aided by the best in the business. While struggling to find my path, I received guidance and a bit of nurturing at every turn. Whether it was a heart-to-heart conversation by phone, or the invaluable legacies written on the page…the art of nourishing both mind and belly is not something these folks take lightly, and for that, I am grateful.

As Zora O’Neil’s mother says, “Mi corazon es gordo.”

My heart is fat.

On a whim, I sent note to friends and colleagues. “What are you five most influential books?” Inspired by numerous conversations, I was particularly interested in which books shaped their ideas about food, and what impact it had on them. Chefs, authors, publishers, and photographers from around the globe generously shared their thoughts. The result…is nothing short of astonishing.

And so, it is with a fat heart that today marks a new series here at Seattle Tall Poppy….Books that Paved the Way. Among these words of wisdom, I hope you find a bit of insight, a heafty dose of inspiration and above all, a fat heart.