I Was Robbed.

I tried to think of something clever to title this post, but the plain and simple fact is, I was robbed.

I came home late tonight, went over to my desk to fire up the computer...and it was gone!

Looking around, things looked the same, but not really. Then I went into my bedroom. Files, photos, and stuff...everywhere.

Strange. Most of the things I was worried about are still in my possession. (My passport is safe & sound.) But my computer is gone...with tons of photos, countless hours of iPod downloads, and other stuff only meaningful to me.

And they stole my ring.

Last weekend, it suddenly occurred to me...if I'd stayed with my ex, it would have been our 7th Anniversary. Leaving him was the right thing to do, but somehow, I couldn't bear to part with my ring. Now it's gone. Courtesy of one very bold thief.

Thank you.

Now I'll file the insurance papers and it will finally be over. I'll no longer have to worry about what to do with that ridiculously expensive ring. It represented hopes and dreams...that never came to fruition. And now it's gone.

My home has been invaded and that's unnerving. Possessions? They can be replaced. But my sense of security? Home sweet home? It's tainted now.

Forgive me if I don't write much for a while. I need to get a new computer, and put humpty dumpty back together again.

Cross your fingers, people. Maybe Santa will bring me a Mac! ;)