Deep Feast Writing Workshop with James Beard Award-winning Author

Writing is by far, one of the most difficult things I do. I stare at the blank screen and...nothing. I've got nothing. I pop on Twitter, pet the cat, stretch, and force myself back to the computer, praying for inspiration.

And then there are days, the words flow so effortlessly, I mock my self-conscious side, "What's the big deal?"

The dueling sides battle it out on a regular basis, each one fighting for dominance. Fortunately, I've got a set of tools to help me through the process. How?

I've got a mentor.

A list of Crescent Dragonwagon's former students read like a "Who's who in food" -- Julia Child, Alice Medrich, you get the idea. Like them, I've traveled far and wide for her classes--jetting to San Diego for a workshop, visiting her home in Vermont, and attending a class or two here in Seattle. It's safe to say, I'm not sure I'd be writing today if it weren't for her.

Sunday, she's teaching a writing workshop in Seattle, and I hope you'll join us. Space is limited; Register here.

More on her workshop:

DEEP FEAST: Writing the World Through Food

With ever more writers, bloggers and photographers who focus on food as such, those who seek their own distinctive voice in culinary writingmust discover what larger food story or stories they want to tell --- stories that go beyond food per se; stories that they and only they can tell.
  • find your voice & rhythm in writing about food
  • expand your vision of what culinary writing is & can be
  • unearth your inimitable one-of-a-kind point-of-view
  • stop aw-shucks-ing/dissing yourself ("I'm just a food writer")
  • use your own singular experiences
  • discover (& start telling, & writing) your own stories

Like all travel, it's a journey full of surprises, rooted in discovery, connection. It's a deep feast.