More on the Examiner Gig & Other Musings

I managed to slip in a sentence or two about my new writing gig over at the Examiner.com...but here's more...

Originally, my title was the "Seattle Food Scene Writer" and I put heavy emphasis on what's happening around town and recently attended events. I'm still doing that...and I'm also working on an number of projects including chef interviews and purveyor visits. Thanks to this new gig, I'm happily discovering a whole new side of my city.

Since I'm writing about the Seattle scene over on Examiner, today, I've included a ton of links. There, you'll be able to find the lowdown on where to get the goods on everything from tagines to unpasteurized milk (for making cheese). See the column to the left. I've also got a list of Seattle-based food bloggers. If I've forgotten any of your favorite places, spaces or people, please let me know. I'm happy to include them.

I also compiled my list of reviewed restaurants:

- The Corson Building (with Matt Dillon...one Food & Wine's Top 10 chefs, 2007)
- Skillet (the Airstream trailer profiled in all the national mags...cranking out some of the most memorable food I've had in months)
- Via Tribunali Pizza (their pizza oven was deconstructed in Italy and shipped here just for that project)
- Molly Moon Homemade Ice Cream (taking the city by storm...)

And in case you missed it, I had the opportunity to meet with the Splendid Table's Lynne Rossetto Kaspar. She's absolutely wonderful and we chatted like old school girls!

Also worth noting is this post titled, "Who Are you?" It sheds a little more light on my background and bit of my own philosophy.

Whew!

What about Poppy? Well, things are changing, for sure. It's a work in progress and I'm still sorting things out. Behind the scenes, I've ramped things up considerably on my Round the World Trip. I've been doing tons of research, buffing up my technical skills, and interviewing anyone who will talk with me. More on all that soon.

I'll admit, I'm challenged for sure. Having two blogs and trying to figure out how to divide the content is a big struggle--especially because they both involve food. I've never successfully dated two people at one time, and now I'm finding it really difficult figuring out how to maintain to blogs. We'll see...It's a work in progress...but if you've been wondering where I've been, I've been spending some quality time over at the Examiner. Now that the "getting to know you" phase is over...I'm looking forward to spending more time with my first love. (Right here, thank you very much!)

At the risk of sounding like a big tease...I've got some juicy stuff on the horizon, and much more I need to catch up on. Please, bear with me. I've got a nice window of time over the next couple weeks....