I Have a Dream

For the past few years, I've had this nagging urge...

It bubbles to the surface every now and then and leaves me restless for days...or even weeks at a time. This reoccurring thought will not be quieted, forgotten about, or cast aside. I've decided to put momentum behind this dream...and carve out a plan.

I'm going to travel around the world.

Although I'm filled with nervous energy at the daunting challenge ahead of me, I know I must go forward. It's not the sensible thing to do. I should settle down, start a family, and think about saving for retirement. I know all that.

All logic aside....I'm going to indulge my inner voice.

It's funny. There's this saying, "You have to decide to decide." The moment I made the decision, things started to come into alignment. Although my departure is probably two years away and I still have to chart my course, all those niggly details on the home front are starting to fall into place. My friend Tamara has offered to be a steward for my furniture that's worthwhile. I know where my bulging cookbook collection will reside. The rest...suddenly went from treasured possessions to just stuff...and a burden I'll happily leave behind.

It sounds so grandiose to say, "I'm going around the world."

The truth of the matter is, at this point, I'm still trying to narrow the dream down to....Northern Hemisphere or Southern Hemisphere?

If you've got a favorite place....let's hear it! I'm taking any and all suggestions.