Delancey, An Impromptu Visit

I can't remember the first time I met Molly's beau Brandon, but I liked him instantly.

On the most surprising and yet random occasions, we'll bump into each other. For me, a Brandon-sighting is on par with the ice cream man. What can I say? The man just makes me happy. Whether he's regaling stories about his latest eBay score...or how he's perfected mixing concrete for the tabletops at the new restaurant, I love hearing about his latest thrifty conquest! (Trust me, if the man knew about Freecycle, Brandon happiness would be off the charts!)

Brandon & Molly's pizza pie venture, Delancey, will be open later this summer and I couldn't be more excited! I imagine a room buzzing with conversation over thin-yet-chewy New York-style pizzas. Mmm...

On my way to the bakery next door (warning: the canneles are amazing!), I popped in to say hello. Work is still in progress...but on the day of my visit, the oven was in, the brick facade was laid (floor to ceiling), and the bar was due to arrive soon. Brandon & Molly are doing much of the work themselves, and I'm astonished every time I see the space....

Without revealing too much, here are a few snaps from my visit:





Spacers

(from between the bricks on the wood-fired pizza oven)





Lighting, reclaimed





Lighting, made

(Notice the clamps? These are jars, strung with a lighting socket.)





Beer tap, second-hand







Tabletop

(Brandon had the metal frames built, then poured the concrete tops himself.
I like the rough look of this first attempt--air pockets and all.)


***



Delancey is expecting a summer opening--July or August, permit-pending.

Check here for updates: http://www.delanceyseattle.com/


***


To read more, Molly's detailed their journey on Orangette:


Delancey

The Dead Who Dream

I Get a Glimpse


Some Time Away